We were able to take a mini vacation, despite our original vacation being cut short by sucky people! Jayson came up with the idea for us to go to Six Flags Magic Mountain in California. I was really nervous at first, wasn't sure how the kids would react and then us actually leaving if everything would be safe here. Once I came around it was a perfect idea. We got everything figured out and then we were on our way.
Now it's been 11 years since I've been on a roller coaster. I was a little worried with out my body would react. We left on Monday at 5 am and got to our hotel around 12:30 pm. We checked in, threw our stuff in our room and sped back to Magic Mountain. We had driven by it on our way to the hotel so we were super pumped! We got into the park around 1 and decided to head left to see what rides we could ride.
We waited in line for X2 for two hours. About halfway through the line they announced they were having some technical difficulties but they were working on it. About 15 minutes later, they were all finished and the ride was moving again! I was super nervous, I had no idea what to expect or what the ride was going to be like. You actually ride the ride backwards. You're kind of laying down and you go backwards on it. It was super intense! You're just hanging free, looking down at the ground, going head first down the drops, it was crazy, but super fun.
Here's a video of the ride. Kind of hard to get the actual idea but hopefully you can see what it's like.
After riding X2, I was really thirsty so we headed to the drinking fountain. Here's where things got weird for me. My body was kind of in shock from riding the coaster but I wasn't sure what was going on so we ran and only had to wait 10 minutes to get on Viper. The line for Viper was really close to X2. Viper beat the crap out of me. It was a coaster from the 90's and those ones just tear you up! I was thrashed around like crazy so once we got off Viper, I needed to recover. We realized after that we were probably hungry so we went and grabbed some dinner. After I ate, I was feeling much better!
Next ride was Tatsu. The line was right by where we ate, it was perfect. This ride imitates actual flying. So you are looking straight down while you ride this ride. I was a little nervous but excited at the same time. We only had to wait about an hour in line, not too bad. This ride was also super intense but so awesome. I was pretty freaked out, especially going up the first lift, YOU'RE LOOKING STRAIGHT DOWN!! You go pretty dang high too! So crazy but so much fun.
This video is much better at getting the actual idea of the ride. At the end you can see the car about to take off invert the seats so you're "flying".
After Tatsu, I was feeling kind of strange again. We got some water and went to wait in line for Apocalypse, formally Terminator the Ride. This ride is a new wooden ride with all the thrills of an old wooden coaster. We waited in line about 45 minutes but it was fun. It was a good wooden coaster!
After riding Apocalypse we decided to call it a day. We were pretty tired at this point from our drive to Cali and we were ready to just relax. We took a bit of a tour around the park to figure out where the other rides were and got a caricature of the two of us. It turned out really cute. We got some pizza and enjoyed the night in our room. I had the hardest time sleeping because I felt like I was on the rides still, it was very weird.
The next morning we got to the park just before it opened. We had our plan, we were going to head to the right once inside and hit the rest of the coasters. We ended up walking onto four coasters in the first hour we were there.
We started with Goliath! It was kind of scary. You don't go upside down at all and you only have a lap bar but you go up pretty high and it feels like you're going sideways for a little while too. It was great though!
Goliath video.
The next ride we walked onto was Colossus, an older wooden roller coaster. Jayson said he had rode on this one when he came almost 15 years ago. At that time it was going backwards because of an anniversary. Next ride was Scream and then Batman the Ride.
Scream!
So the funny thing about Batman the Ride is they have that same ride at quite a few Six Flags parks. So Jayson and I had both ridden it at Six Flags Great America. It was the exact same, even where you walk up and get in line. We both almost blacked out on the ride too, kind of weird. It was also built in the 90's so it kind of beat us up.
After Batman, we grabbed some water and I ate some crackers, don't judge me and got in line for Green Lantern: First Flight. We waited about an hour and I was super scared to ride this ride. My fright was not short lived either.
I'm not sure this video will do the ride justice. But pretty much the whole time, you have no idea where you are going. You have a harness on but the car in front of you is just open and the car moves with the track so while you're going down and forwards in the car, you are facing down. You can hear the screaming in the video and I'm pretty sure I was screaming just like that the WHOLE time! I have never been so frightened in my life, no joke! It was so freaky! I really don't think I want to ride this ride ever again!
After recovering from Green Lantern we decided to go onto Riddler's Revenge, Magic Mountain's only stand up roller coaster. We waited about 45 minutes to get on that and it was pretty good. Kind of banged us around a little but it was good and it was a long coaster, which was nice.
After Riddler's Revenge we went to the car and ate some lunch, my body was ready to eat. It seemed like after each ride I needed to eat some crackers to get my body back to feeling better. Guess my body used up a lot of energy while riding the coasters.
After lunch we walked onto Revolution, one of the oldest coasters at the park, I'm sure. And waited about 20 minutes to ride Ninja, a suspended coaster. Both those beat the crap out of me! No joke. My head was pounding after those, nothing some crackers couldn't fix. At this point we only had two rides left, De'javu and Superman Escape from Krypton. We decided not to go on De'javu because only one car can go at a time and every time we looked it looked like it wasn't even running. So to Superman we headed.
The nice thing about the line for Superman is it's indoors and air conditioned. Probably because they don't want to you see what you're getting yourself into!
Just watch this video! You go up in the air 400 feet backwards so when you're up in the air, you're facing down! Um yeah! I was freaking out when it was closer to our turn in line, no joke! It was fun though, minus the semi panic attack after the ride was over.
After riding Superman, we decided our day was done. We had gotten on all the coasters we wanted to ride and had a great time. We ended up going back to our hotel and then went out for dinner and saw Crazy Stupid Love.
I'm glad we made the most of our "vacation" even if it wasn't exactly what we had planned in the beginning. It was super fun and I learned, I'm getting old and have to pack snacks if I want to ride on rides. Kind of lame. Oh well!
No comments:
Post a Comment