Autumn in her uniform, ready for the first day of 4th grade!
Isabella in her uniform, ready for her first day of 5th grade!
Evan in his uniform, ready for his first day of kindergarten!
My baby boy! Ahhhhh! TEAR!
Yesterday was the first day of school for the kids. Yay for the girls, boo for Evan. Okay not really. He was so excited to start school, it's not even funny. It was hard for me to be sad when he was so excited about it. Right when school got out they passed uniforms, so here they are in their uniforms. I was on the fence about it and it's fine that it passed.
I had a difficult time getting Autumn to just pose for this picture but I'm glad she let me take it. She seems really excited about fourth grade and I'm excited for her. I was kind of worried about her because she can be super sensitive at times and that can be a lot for teachers to deal with sometimes. Her teacher is brand new to the school so I hope she'll be a good fit for her. Her teacher is pregnant and will be gone for a few months, here's hoping she comes back. Hopefully that won't be too much to deal with for Autumn but she said she was excited for her teacher to have her baby (a girl who will be named Brooklyn). I'm excited for Autumn to develop her writing more, she's an awesome writer.
Isabella was really nervous about starting fifth grade. I think she realizes it's going to be a lot of work and won't be as "kiddy" as the lower grades. I don't think she was too excited about her teacher because her teacher has a reputation for being mean but I think she'll be good for Isabella. Her teacher will make the transition from elementary school to middle school a lot easier. On meet the teacher night her teacher told her they have lots of fun in fifth so hopefully that convinced her not to be scared. Isabella told me today all the pizza and nacho parties they'll have so I think she's sold. Her teacher is also pregnant, poor girl has the worst luck sometimes but I think her teacher will come back (also having a girl who will be named Mia). I'm really hoping Isabella will learn that while you have to work for your answer in math, math is fun.
Oh my Evan. It's just so strange having him away from me. He was so excited to start school, like I said. I even tried to convince him to stay home for another year but he wasn't having any of that. His teacher is also new to the school but she's been teaching kindergarten for many, many years. I heard from the new librarian that she raises kids so I'm really excited for him to have a great teacher. I was pretty nervous, feeling whoever he got as his teacher was going to make or break his whole educational experience, I'm happy with his teacher. I'm so looking forward to watching him grow and learn, school is going to be great for him! He's had two really good days, getting a bit distracted at times, but that's him, I'm sure he'll get better. He is happy about going to school and is excited to go back the next day. Hopefully he won't be too sad on Friday when he has to wait two days to go back.
It's a bit strange only having Korbin home and I'm sure we'll start to develop a routine, which will be nice. The first day, we were lazy but today we got some things done. I'm sure we'll head to the library weekly like we did during the summer. Korbin loves the library. It'll be nice having some one on one time, though he would be happy spending the whole school day playing on the iPad. He works that thing like a pro.
Yay for school!
No comments:
Post a Comment