To help reduce the amount of buses used throughout the day, the kids' school district staggered start times for many of the schools. The kids' school was chosen to start the school day a half hour later than last year. You would think thirty minutes wouldn't be that big of a deal but it is! The kids start school at 9:00 am now and aren't done with school until 3:40 pm. By the time we get home, it's 4! I'm not exactly complaining, I'm just surprised at how much difference thirty minutes can make. I still make the kids go to bed at the same time, I just make them do their reading in the morning since they have a little extra time. I'm hoping we'll eventually adjust to the new times but it's been three weeks and I still feel like we're not used to it. With our luck, they'll change back to the previous time!

No comments:
Post a Comment