Thursday, February 24, 2011

Evan the Explorer

 Oh my Evan.  I don't even know where to start with him.  He is his own person, that's for sure.  He knows what he likes and he knows what he doesn't like and he won't let anyone sway him either way.

Playing on the obstacle course at sisters' school.

 Evan and his pumpkin, he designed the face.

 Evan the stop-light.  We asked what he wanted to be, stop-light was his answer.

 Playing in the back yard.

 Not really digging being a wise man for the live nativity.

 Just a little excited to see the sting rays.

Showing off his caterpillar in true "Evan" fashion.

Evan has grown up so much in the last six months.  On his 4th birthday he was still in diapers, with no desire to toilet train and didn't get himself dressed.  Now, he is fully toilet trained and gets himself dressed.  He is such a smart boy.  He knows all his letters, can count above 20.  He even knows most of his letter sounds.  He knows his colors and his shapes.  I know he will do very well in school academically, he's got that down.  I do worry about if he's ready emotionally.  I have my days where I'm convinced he's ready and then he does something crazy and I change my mind.  He loves to play outside and just check everything out.  He's very observant.  I'm so excited to see how much he grows and learns when he gets to kindergarten!

No comments:

Post a Comment